Just in time for Father’s Day, Elite Daily has compiled a list of seven tips for women who are interested in dating a single dad. Here they are:
- Understand that their child is (and always will be) #1. Love for a child and love for a romantic partner are obviously not the same thing, and they can co-exist peacefully.
- Their child’s mother is always going to be a part of their life. He is always going to be in contact with his child’s mother; They have to make co-parenting work somehow.
- He’ll need you to remind him everything will be fine after an argument with his baby mama. He’s not asking you to provide a solution for whatever the situation may be; he just wants reassurance that you’re on his side.
- He’ll be hesitant to introduce you to his child until things get serious. It’s all about avoiding the “revolving door”--the notion of introducing your kids to someone only to have that person exit your life shortly thereafter
- You’ll have to build a relationship with his kid, too. They’re a package deal.
- You’ll have to accept that his responsibilities as a dad may interfere your plans. It’s important for him to be there when his child needs him.
- He’s probably not interested in just messing around. He’s looking for some stability in both his and his kid’s life.