How can you celebrate two of my favorite food on the same day when I'm trying to lose more weight?? LOL For those who use Feb 9th as an excuse to celebrate both of these beautiful snacks, might I recommend the bagel pizza combo?! I got you!
Also - Here's some fun facts about Pizza and Bagels to help you celebrate :)
- The average American eats about 46 pizza slices a year. (Part of MY problem LOL)
- 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month.
- The top five pizza sales days are: Super Bowl Sunday, New Year's Eve, Halloween, the night before Thanksgiving, and New Year's Day.
- Regular thin crust is most popular in America (61 percent of the population), followed by deep dish (14 percent) and extra thin (11 percent).
- 62 percent of Americans prefer meat toppings while 38 percent prefer vegetables.
- The most popular pizza topping is pepperoni (36 percent).
- Women are twice as likely as men to order vegetables on their pizza.
- Pizza deliverers claim women are better tippers.
- Saturday night is the most popular night to eat pizza.
- 36 percent of people consider pizza the perfect breakfast.
- A whopping 61 percent of Americans say they eat a bagel at least twice a week for their breakfast.
- The most popular bagel flavor is plain, while sesame takes second place.
- New York adds an 8 cent tax to any bagels that are sliced, toasted or served with a spread.
- Many people believe that eating a poppy bagel causes a positive drug test. Scientists admit that poppy seeds can absorb opium extract from the pods, but say it would take a lot of bagels to alter your test results.
- The earliest known mention of a bagel originates in Poland back in the early 1600s. However, it wasn’t until the 1960's that the bagel became popular in America.
Happy Bagel Pizza Day!!