Fire Safety Week
96.1 KISS-FM and 107.9 The Bear will be one site at Ghent Motors in Greeley Colorado on Saturday October 7th from 10 am to noon to help promote Fire Safety Week.
Residents and Listeners from Greeley and Evans are invited to come to Ghent Motors between 10 and noon on the 7th of October. To sign up for a free smoke alarm, courtesy of the American Red Cross.
While there, you can set up an appointment for a qualified person to come to your home and install the smoke alarm free of charge.
For more information regarding Fire Safety Week Click either one of the links below.
The Home Fire Problem
2017 National Fire Safety Week is Sunday Oct 8 – Saturday Oct 14.
· On average, seven people die every day from a home fire.
· On average, 36 people suffer injuries as a result of home fires every day.
· More than $7 billion in property damage occurs every year due to home fires.
· Smoke alarms cut the risk of death from a fire in half.
· Fire experts agree that you may have as little as two minutes to escape a burning home before it’s too late to get out.
· Every eight minutes, the Red Cross responds to a disaster – and the vast majority of these are home fires.
· In a typical year, home fires kill more people than all other natural disasters combined in the United States.
· Three of every five home fire deaths happen in homes with either no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
· Compared to their share of the population, older adults are more likely to die in home fires than people in other age groups.
· Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries.
· Heating equipment is involved in one of every five home fire deaths.