I haven't watch ONE SECOND of this.. But as of yesterday, tens of thousands of people were still tuning into a live-stream that keeps track of April, the pregnant giraffe who is expecting her fourth calf any day now. "April continues to have us all on edge; when will it be--we just don't know!" Harpursville Animal Adventure Park in New York wrote on Facebook over the weekend. "All physical signs show we are ready for 'launch sequence.' So, we continue to patiently wait." Footage shows April and her mate Oliver doing very little as they stay warm inside away from the chilly temperatures. Meanwhile, Twitter users are getting antsy about the fact that the now-viral sensation hasn't delivered her baby yet. Here are 10 of their funniest tweets:
- "I was watching and wating for April the Giraffe to give birth" is a valid excuse for ignoring housework the past three days, right?
- This damn giraffe needs a C-section.
- When you lied about being pregnant to keep your man... but now they got you on a live feed... #ApriltheGiraffe
- Plot twist: We think we are on giraffe watch, but April the Giraffe is actually on human watch.
- Daylight saving time is tonight. We'll "spring forward." The only faster way to lose an hour of your life is by watching #AprilTheGiraffe.
- When you think your computer froze, but it is just April the Giraffe being REALLY still.
- You just KNOW that April the Giraffe is going to give birth on a Tuesday in the middle of a blizzard.
- Mama, I feel for you! I was 12 days overdue with my first baby.
- I'm so committed to #aprilthegiraffe that I may have to send out birth announcements when it finally happens!
- Throwing it out there...I've been waiting for #AprilTheGiraffe to have this baby for months. Just clicked. IT'S PROBABLY AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE
Come on girl! LOL